This page has the basic rules for importing a boucle you’ve won in a competition, a raffle or similar.
- For custom imports bought from an importer, please read this journal: Importing a Custom Import
- For imports earned through MP (magic points), please read this journal: Importing a MP Import
NOTE: We updated the importing system in February 2022. While we’re switching systems, there may be some confusion over “DIY Prize Tokens” and “DIY Starter/Import Tokens”;
- DIY Prize Tokens are covered by this journal, carry on reading if you have a prize from an event before February 2022 or a “DIY Prize Token”.
- DIY Starter/Import Tokens do not get the extra “prize” freebies so you only need to follow the information on Importing Starter Designs
We will be reformatting the website info in due course to make things easier to follow <3
- All prize imports have to be won through the group or a group-sanctioned event before they can be redeemed
- All prize imports are DIY, meaning the group will not design it for you
- All prize imports are uploaded by a group admin
- You can only have one import being redeemed at a time. If you already have one pending, you will have to wait until it is uploaded to redeem a different import
The limitations on what you can import is often set by the competition/raffle, but the following is always true:
The following are never available through prize imports:
Note that custom imports and MP imports follow slightly different rules
- Orchid Pearl and Intense Orchid Pearl other orchid colours are available
- Cream Champagne Smoke and Cream Pearl Champagne Smoke
- Pastelle colours
- Crayon colours
- Phien colours
- Wyvern colours
- Regius colours
- Ancients’ Blessing mutation
- Carried genes, such as silver on a rouge boucle
- Birth defects
- The following manetypes:
You cannot use any genes that were released after you received your prize; you can only use genes that were available at the time of the contest and have not since been retired.
The following are unavailable through prize import unless specifically stated otherwise:
- Smoke colours
- Event birthstones
- Birthday mutations
- Event mutations, event coats included
- Special manes:
- True Kirin
- Each import can only have one of the following BAs:
- Reverse Brindle
- Birdcatcher Spots
- Bend-Or Spots
The following is always true for prize imports:
- Prize imports get to count two unnatural modifiers or unnatural dilutions as natural, meaning they don’t count towards rarity and can be homozygous
When designing your boucle, keep in mind that we in the boucle group are fairly lax on design rules. As long the coat colour, modifier or mutation looks like itself and not some other marking of the breed you are good to go. Do not be afraid to take some creative freedom, we just love seeing what you can come up with! Mutations can also combine and interact, so feel free to take such liberties as well.
For information on how to redeem your import, please visit the Importing Starter Designs page.