Oh hello: If you spot this page before we announce it, well done, your secret prize is knowing this will be launching very soon!
For every 500MP after 1000MP (in non-lineage points), a Classique Boucle earns the title “Scholar of [insert Ancient’s name here]” and gains an Artefact from the Ancient of their choice. Your Boucle does not have to have an Ancient’s magic type unlocked to gain a Scholarship from them. They may earn a Scholarship from every Unicornian Ancient and they can complete them in any order; each one needs an extra 500MP in non-lineage MP. Every Scholarship unlocks additional rewards, including rarer imports, second Blessings, triplet rewards and more.
NOTE: MP gained from lineage does NOT count towards the MP needed to earn a Scholarship! All MP must be gained from art, literature, gifts, shows, monthly prompts and other non-lineage bonuses! Scholarships are hard to earn but worth it!
IMPORTANT: This system is new and may change in the early days if we encounter balancing issues.
Can Batailles/Palais earn Scholarships?
Will Batailles/Palais get more BP/SP tiers?
Eventually, but not for a long time yet!
Can we import Palais or Bataille with Scholar Rewards?
No, the only slight exception is the “Random Palais Geno” option in the Tutee Reward section
Can we Import Pastelles, Orca, Bubble Manes, etc…
If it is not listed below, then no, sorry!
How to Apply for a Scholarship
To apply for a Scholarship, your boucle must be a confirmed Deity, and have at least 1500MP in non-lineage points. Once that criteria is met you need to make a “Graduation Piece” (see below), in which the Boucle approaches an Ancient’s Shrine in Unicornia and asks them for a Scholarship.
After the first Scholarship is earned, you can apply for another Scholarship from a different Ancient every time your boucle earns 500MP in non-lineage points after 1500MP (see “Scholarship Tier Rewards” below for all the milestones).
The Graduation Piece
The Graduation piece is a piece of art/literature that includes the boucle visiting the Ancients’ Shrine and asking for a Scholarship:
- Art must be valued at 5MP or morem excluding gifts, monthly prompt and show bonuses (eg: coloured full body with shading and medium background)
- Literature must be 500 words minimum.
- MP from Graduation Pieces does not add to any Boucle’s XP total, including the Boucle seeking the Scholarship (they will be ignored if you post them under the “Art and Literature” comment on their plaque)
- You need a Graduation Piece per boucle, you can’t use the same graduation piece for multiple boucles.
Include this form in the artist comment of the Graduation Piece:
Boucle Applying for Scholarship: (ID and Link to Ref)
Ancient of Application: (eg, Aqua, Surculus, etc)
Number of Previous Scholarships:
Reply to the “Scholarships of the Ancients” comment on your Boucle’s Plaque with their Graduation Piece. Once confirmed by BU-MP, your boucle will be awarded the Scholarship and your Artefact will be added onto the Boucle’s Achievements comment – you can then use the Artefact comment to redeem a Tier Reward of your choice, see “Scholarship Tier Rewards” below.
images coming soon!
Artefacts are given to your boucle by the Ancient when they gain a Scholarship. The Artefact effect can only be used by the boucle that earned it. They are cosmetic items, and do not provide any bonuses other than appearance, and where applicable, giving “abilities” beyond a Boucle’s usual magic in art/stories. Each Ancient’s Artefact has a different effect:
- Aqua – Water:
- Shellcrown of the Deep – let’s boucle transform into Hippocampus at will
- Surculus – Earth:
- Seedpod Maracas – do a hekkin jam to revive any plant
- Ignis – Fire:
- Dragonhorn Ornament – a badass horn decco that gives full immunity to fire/heat
- Caeli – Air:
- Wings of Levitation – costume wings that lets boucle fly/float
- Crystallus – Ice:
- Blanket of Cold Resistance – full immunity to ice/cold
- Saxum – Stone:
- Marble Horseshoes – lets you change bouclite to any birthstone at will
- Aes – Metal:
- Iron Horseshoes – lets you change bouclite to any birthmetal at will
- Sanguis – Blood:
- Staff of Healing – Provides a huge boost to healing power
- Fulmen – Electricity:
- Armour of Storms – Protective armour charged with lightning
- Umbra – Illusion:
- Mirror of Discovery – Reveals secrets that cannot be seen with the naked eye
- Lux – Light:
- Eyes of Lux – Allows you to see in total darkness
- Nox – Dark:
- Cloak of Shadows – Provides total invisibility by not reflecting light
- Dormito – Dreams:
- Bag of Holding – Can be used to travel to the dream realm if hopped into
- Tempus – Time:
- Flute of Time – Stops time while playing
- Animo – Telepathy:
- Earring of Comprehend Languages – Allows the boucle to understand any sentient creature
- Aedifex – Creation:
- Aedifex’s Hat – A platypus hat, that’s it, it’s literally just a hat (or is it)
Scholarship Tier Rewards
You can complete Scholarships with the Ancients’ to gain their Artefacts in any order, and the more you collect, the more Scholarship Tier Rewards you will gain. These rewards are one-use only, but can be used by any boucle.
There are a maximum of 16 Scholarships, and for each one your boucle earns, they can choose one reward from the bracket (you can choose the same reward each time if you like):
- 1500MP – Pick from Tutee Rewards
- 2000MP – Pick from Tutee Rewards
- 2500MP – Pick from Tutee Rewards
- 3000MP – Pick from Tutee Rewards
- 3500MP – Pick from Tutee Rewards
- 4000MP – Pick from Acolyte Rewards
- 4500MP – Pick from Acolyte Rewards
- 5000MP – Pick from Acolyte Rewards
- 5500MP – Pick from Acolyte Rewards
- 6000MP – Pick from Acolyte Rewards
- 6500MP – Pick from Acolyte Rewards
- 7000MP – Pick from Master Rewards
- 7500MP – Pick from Master Rewards
- 8000MP – Pick from Master Rewards
- 8500MP – Pick from Master Rewards
- 9000MP – Pick from Master Rewards
To redeem an import or “Combine x MP Imports” rewards (not including random foal genos), just link the Artefact comment when submitting an MP Import though the Starter Design Import system.
To redeem any other Scholarship Tier Reward, including random foal genos, note the Boucle-Unicorn group with the following form:
Title Note - "Scholarship Reward Tier Redeem, [Tutee/Acolyte/Master] Level Boucle Who Earned the Reward: (ID) Artefact Link: (link to artefact comment on plaque) Reward Tier: Tutee/Acolyte/Master Chosen Reward: Optional - for height and BA changes to a geno Applying to: (ID of geno and link to breeding note) Chosen affect: (eg, what BAs you would like to add, if you would like the height to go up or down etc)
A rewarder admin will then reply to confirm your reward, and either give you a praline, companion, token, genotype, or direct you on what to do next!
- Combine 2x Classique MP Imports – see: “Combining MP Imports” below
- Add 2x BAs (x2)
- Guaranteed Twins (x2)
- Guaranteed Triplets
- Random Praline Pack
- Random Classique Foal Geno
- Pixie Companion
- Hoppyfrog Companion
- Combine 3x MP Imports – see: “Combining MP Imports” below
- Random Palais Foal Geno
- Retired Mutation Scholar Classique Import (not including Spooky/Festive mutations)
- Spooky Scholar Classique Import – Choose 2 (retired options are included):
- Boucleween Event Coat,
- Boucleween Mutation,
- Boucleween Event Horn
- Bouclemas Scholar Classique Import – Choose 2 (retired options are included):
- Bouclemas Event Coat,
- Bouclemas Mutation (not including deguise),
- Bouclemas Event Horn
- Lapin Scholar Classique Import (Rarity 1, Bunny Event Coat can be added)
- +/- 1hh from a rolled height on any geno (cannot be used to change the boucle type)
- Silkie Companion
- Pommerfly Companion
- Combine 4x MP Imports – see: “Combining MP Imports” below
- Déguise Scholar Classique Import – not including extended or advent-exclusives like Hjort & Kifaru
- Crayon Scholar Classique Import
- No-Fail Reward
- Second Blessing – add another Blessing to an already Blessed Boucle (import or foal)
- Sprite Companion
- Glimmer Dragon Companion
Combining MP Imports
Choose 2-4 MP Classique Import rewards (depending on the Scholar reward) from ANY of your classiques and stick them together
- They DO NOT need to be earned by the same Boucle.
- You CANNOT combine Scholar rewards with this reward.
- You only get one extra freebie per import, regardless of how many are stuck together.
- Adding extended to one or more mutations is free.
- Witch + Witch = Basic mane + 1 freebie unnatural modifier/dilution + 2 mutations
- Conjurur + Archmage = Any special mane + 1 freebie unnatural modifier/dilution + a bonbon base + 2 mutations
- Witch + Archmage + Spirit = Any special mane + 1 freebie unnatural modifier/dilution + an event horn + 3 mutations
- Witch + Conjurer + Archmage + Spirit = Any special mane + 1 freebie unnatural modifier/dilution + bonbon base colour + an event horn + 4 mutations
- Prophet + Deity = Spirit mane + 1 freebie unnatural modifier/mutation + smoke base colour + 3 mutations
- Witch + Witch + Witch + Witch = Basic mane + 1 freebie unnatural modifier/dilution + 4 mutations
- You CANNOT combine Scholarship imports, only MP Imports from the road to Deity
- You CANNOT combine Archmage and Deity imports
- You CAN combine Conjurer and Prophet but the bonbon and smoke colours must be on different sides of a chimera.
- You CAN combine multiple Witch/Wizard rewards or multiple Demigod(dess) rewards
- You CANNOT combine duplicates of other tiers. eg Archmage + Archmage, Deity + Deity or Conjurer + Conjurer + Witch etc. don’t match up
- You CANNOT have more than one import freebie or import BA per import.