When breeding your boucle there are a few things to think about!
Before sending your breeding in
To avoid having your breeding declined or delayed, check the following before sending your breeding in to the group:
- Whether there is a current limit on or closing of breedings (this will be listed on the homepage or news)
- The genders of the parents!
- That both sire and dam are registered with the group.
- That you have usable slots to both sire and dam! These need to be written to the account sending in the breeding, even if you have multiple accounts, and need to be marked as usable by the owner(s) of the boucle(s)!
- That both sire and dam are 5 years old or older
Some other things that you might want want to check before sending your breeding:
- If sire and dam are related, as inbreeding can result in birth defects including infertility of the foal!
- That both sire and dam do not carry dominant white (W)/ornamental white (WO) as this can result in a stillborn foal
- That both sire and dam do not carry overo (O) as this can result in a stillborn foal
Sending in the note
You can only send one breeding per note!!
Title your note “Breeding”. Preferably with Month and the Breeding number afterwards.
Example: Breeding – January 1
Do not add anything before the word Breeding, you are free to add other things after that word.
In your note, please use the following form, and do not include any extra information:
Sire ID & Link:
Dam ID & Link:
Praline or Reward Name:
Redeem ID or Link to Reward:
A complete list of all BAs can be found here: Breeding Anomalies
A complete list of all BDs can be found here: Birth Defects
Please note that manes, even if rolled for in a breeding, does not count as BAs with the notable exception of True Kirin!
Breedings can take up to a few weeks during event season, so please be patient! You will be given a response by a breeding admin looking something like the following:
[Phenotype here] (Manetype here) [Genotype here] or [Phenotype here] (Manetype here) [Genotype here] Bouclite: ID: Height: Type: Gender:
If a mane is not listed, then it is Normal Mane by default!